I don't even think I made any 2011 resolutions last year, besides lose weight and that one definitely didn't happen (besides a few pounds here and there) and I didn't think I was going to make any this year but, here I am, about to write them out. I might regret this later because now I'll be sharing my resolutions not with just me and my fiance, but with whoever reads this, if anyone does at all. And, instead of me just caring and feeling disappointment if I fail, I'll have to worry about others and if they'll be disappointed or even just a smidge bummed out, haha
Here they are anyways:
1. Lose Weight - I can't even believe I'm putting this one back up there and it's been on one of these lists for years now! How shameful but it's something I need/want to do. It's more than just being "skinny" I want to feel good about myself and not be embarrassed, I don't want to have to hide myself in unfashionable clothes. I wanna look good and there's nothing wrong with that but I also want to do it in a healthy way!
2. Budget My Money - Justin and I have our own bank accounts. His money is his and my money is mine. We each pay our bills, which are evenly split between the two of us, for the most part. We go to each other when one wants to purchase something big and expensive and we have to make sure it's do-able. But, we don't really "budget" Money gets thrown around on stupid stuff - and that's our issue and honestly, sometimes we just don't know where the heck $50 went, or $100, I hate it and I really want us to start budgeting and watching where our money goes and STOP the random spending.
3. Meal Planning - I made a fancy meal planner chart and hung it on our fridge. I love it and we used it for a couple weeks and stopped. Not because we were bored with it, thought it was too much work, or any of those nonsense reasons. We bought a home and that totally threw us off! It ended up being packed away and then I had no clue where the heck I hid that thing but now, I stare at it everyday, wanting to get back into it because it made everything SO much easier. In the financial department, especially. No last minute grocery runs because we don't have anything to eat, when really, we have a ton to eat. So I'm really hoping to jump back on board with this one.
4. Photograph More - First and foremost, I haven't pulled out my DSLR or camera phone in such a long time, I don't know why because it's something I love and it's something Justin and I even talked about turning into a career, my career. So, I'm a little confused...with myself WHY I haven't been using it as often. But I'm really hoping to pull that bad boy out and learn even more.
5. Read Read Read - I absolutely LOVE my Kindle, best thing ever and I really want to make sure I take full advantage of it and read as many books as I can this year, especially since reading is one of those things that fully-relaxes me and almost every night, I fall asleep reading. I find it comforting. So, in 2012, I would like to read 36 books, 3 books a month. I'm very confident that I'll be able to reach this goal! If you have book recommendations, please feel free to let me know!
6. Bring out my Crafty Side - I made Laila's mobile, I made her letters hanging above her crib, I've made things around the house, and I've enjoyed every second of it. And I really want to make sure, that in 2012, I really bring out my crafty side and work on a ton of DIY projects that I currently have pinned that are gathering dust, haha. I even want to learn how to crochet (again) this year. Lets hope I can do all that in 2012!
7. Be the best freaking mom, ever! of course :]
Um, I think that's all the resolutions for now and even though I have some for the family as well, I felt like just sharing my personal ones (besides the budgeting) I'm really excited for 2012 and to see what's in store!