Oct 17, 2011

All About Laila: 10 months!



Laila turned 10 months about 15 days ago and I am know just posting about. Bloggers block? I think so, I've had it for months, what can I say, I've been occupied...

Laila is growing up so quick, right before my eyes. Everyday she is learning something new, saying something new, and it just shocks me. I miss my little baby that slept in my arms all day, she needed me to do everything for her and now...she is so independent, she's her own little person. But, no matter what, she still needs me and no matter what, I'll always be there for her.

Laila is 19 pounds, we currently know this because we had to take her into the doctor for another cold, but this one was bad. She had a fever, double ear infection, runny nose, cough...you name it. You could tell she was just miserable because all she did was sleep and refuse to eat or drink. Laila is almost 100 % better. Woohoo! (Just this past weekend 10/15, Laila had another fever and spent most of her day sleeping on me, I have no idea what is going on!)

She is wearing anything from 6 months to 12 months, big girl! She can no longer fit into anything that is 3 months, which she could for a while. Still in size 3 diapers.

This month we had to switch Laila to formula because of supply issues and stress. *Sigh* Laila almost always refuses to drink the formula, she just isn't into it. We're able to get her to drink a 6 oz bottle in the morning and sometimes at night. During the day, she doesn't want it. She'll maybe drink 3 ounces throughout the whole day. I called my doctor, who told me to continue to try and get her to drink it and to keep her hydrated with water and continue with the solids.

Speaking of solids, Laila is a champ at eating. She eats anything in her sight, she doesn't care what it is, she'll try it. She loves bananas, waffles, those Gerber snack trays, noodles, apples/applesauce. Really, I can get her to eat anything. I hope this stays this way when she gets older. Oh ya, Laila has 8 teeth, 4 bottom 4 top.

Laila is constantly on the move. She'll crawl or push around her toys with her butt in the air. And my favorite of all of them...WALKING! My baby can walk. I was always scared for this day, because it just meant she was getting bigger and I was worried there would be more falls and boo-boos. She can't hold her balance the greatest yet, so she does tend to land on her butt or hands first.

Laila is still sleeping in her crib from night to morning. Bedtime is now around 7:30 sometimes 8, depending on her last nap. She wakes up around 6:30 and is completely ready for the day. Ever since we moved, she has started sleeping completely thru the night, but she has her flukes.

Laila's vocabulary is kind of picking up. She is still saying mom, dada, papa, baba, hi, bye, it sounds like she is saying doggy but it could be something totally different. It also sounds like she says shit...ugh, can she really pick that up at this young of an age? I definitely try to watch my language around her, just in case.

Laila is still in love with the dog, Mykenzie. They're BFF's - sort of - not really. Only in Laila's eyes.

Laila is not shy at all, she will smile and talk to you no matter what. She just loves to interact with other people, especially other kids. But no matter who you are, she'll talk to you.

Loves:
Baths
Staring out the huge living room window
Waiting by the front door for daddy to come home
Strawberries
Remotes
Wall scents (ah!)
Being tickled, mostly behing her ears, neck and armpits
Hide and seek
Laps around the house

Happy 10 months, Laila. Mommy and Daddy love you so much and can't wait to see you grow up some more!

I really suck at taking pictures lately :[ I will regret that.




0 lovely comments: