Dec 15, 2011

what's been going on and Laila's FIRST birthday party!



I've been MIA for some time now and I figured it's time I share what's been going on. Err, that just sounded like I was giving bad news. Hmm, nope no bad news here...except that I just got over the flu and it came out of nowhere! All the sudden I woke up at 2:38 a.m. went to the bathroom and puked, went back to bed, woke up in the morning and sat, and sat oh and sat SOME MORE on the toilet (tmi?) and then went to work. Puked at work, looked like death, was sent home after being there an hour, puked and sat more more on the toilet. Ugh, my body was weak. I could barely walk, pick things up, I was not functioning. Oh and blood showed up. And a fever. Some shivering. Some sweats. Horrible horrible horrible!

Anywho, Laila had her one year appointment December 2 - the day before her birthday party! She's 20 pounds, um can't remember her height and apparently here head shrunk? It'll get remeasured at her next appointment, she just was not too interested in having something wrapped around her noggin' and I don't blame her! Which resulted in a screaming, wiggling back and forth baby while I frankly try and hold tight to make sure she doesn't fall out of my arms. Are one year olds really that strong?!

Shots - oh the dreadful shots. I for sure thought I was going to start crying. This was the worst ever, she's learned that when there are two nurses getting stuff ready that it's time for shots. It was horrible. 2 shots in on her right leg went quickly but the 1 shot on her left leg didn't go so well, she couldn't keep Laila's leg held down too well to get the shot and ended up pricking her and having to redo it. Of course it was a shot that had to sting and she shrieked. eeekkkk. It was horrible. I swooped her up as sooooonnnn as I could. :[ The whole thing just felt so unfair for Laila :[

The next day came so fast and I was rushing to get things done. Good thing Laila napped and hour and a half before her party started. I had to wake her up when all the people started showing up! Everything was a blast and I took in every moment I could, trying not to stress over the little things. Here are some photos from the party.


This is on November 30th - the day she turned 1. Justin put some ice cream on her plate with her cupcake. Too cold ice cream resulted in this face but isn't it still the best face ever!??!! I giggle every time I see this :]

December 3rd - opening birthday presents in front of our Christmas Tree (which she won't stop touching now) 

Pointing at her cake but being such a good girl waiting patiently.

Smearing it all over her face, which took her a while to do. She was gently touching her cake when we first brought it out to her. 

"What is this stuff all over my hands?"

The birthday girl had a blast and actually had to go down for a nap maybe 15 minutes after her cake and people were still gettin' their party on, haha. She received a boat load of toys and they're currently overtaking our formal dining room which has been her playroom ever since we moved in.. I still can't believe I have a one year old. How is that? Can someone turn back time so I can re-live all those precious newborn moments? Nope? I didn't think so. But, I sure will enjoy all these precious moments of my one year old. Love you my dear Laila.

xoxo

cool fact: Laila's name means "dark haired beauty" which I find beautiful. Here's to hoping she has dark hair like myself (she already has my curly hair...on the back of her head)

1 lovely comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww bless her enjoing her cake, Happy Birthday Laila! and all of you have a great Christmas x x