Mar 29, 2010

The Healthy Beauty Pledge



The Healthy Beauty Pledge 
for Mothers and Mothers-to-Be
By: Claire Mysko 
"Does This Pregnancy Make Me Look Fat"
I Promise to...
**Acknowledge that there is no such thing as the "perfect" body - or the "perfect" mommy.

**Never define my self-worth according to the number on the scale or the size of my clothes.

**Make decisions that are right for me. They don't have to be right for everyone else.

**Ask for help when I need it. I'll make a phone call, write an e-mail, or send a text - whatever it takes to reach out for support.

**Take care of myself and take time for myself, even if some days I can only manage one-minute increments.

**Separate from the retouched, made-up beauty fantasies in the media from what matters most to me in reality.

**Work on developing a relationship with food that is about health, nourishment, and enjoyment, not deprivation, indulging, and punishment. 

 **Stop all body-bashing talk with my friends, my colleagues, my partner, my family, and myself.

**Give up the mission to get my "pre-baby body" back and start focusing my energy on moving forward in the new life.

**Remember that, one person at a time, healthy beauty is a revolution - for ourselves and for our children.


Signed:
Jessica Rose Washick

0 lovely comments: