Nov 24, 2010

38 weeks 4 days. ALMOST DONE!!



How far along? 38 weeks 4 days. ALMOST DONE!!

Weight gain/loss: I've gained around 30 pounds but I'm starting to lose some..(which secretly makes me happy)

Maternity clothes? You seriously think I could fit my fat ass into normal jeans. I think not.

Stretch marks? All over my belly and I even have some on my legs.

Sleep? I guess sleep isn't horrible. I wake up usually 2-3 times a night to use the bathroom. Rolling over/getting out of bed is very difficult for me at this point in my pregnancy. It'll make ya laugh when you hear my grunt as I try and get up. But I try to get a lot of sleep to let me body rest and get better from my cold.

Best moment this week? My weeks are pretty lonely and boring since I haven't been working so I have to say the best moment this week...so far...was so my appointment on Monday. Although, I am not dilated yet, Laila has dropped super low and I even lost my err "plug" if ya know what I'm takin' about. Oh ya, also Laila had her Biophysical Profile on Tuesday and she passed. Got the best score she could get, 8/8! It was freaking neat to see her "practice breathing"

Food cravings: Steak, with mashed potatoes, green beans with bacon & onions, some delicious rolls. I think Thanksgiving is getting to my head.

Gender: All girl, baby!

Belly button in or out? I guess I would say flat. It's just super creepy. It almost looks like it's not even there!

Movement? She graduated a long time ago to rolling. That girl is way to crammed to be punching mommy. She does get the occasional hiccups which I just love and has also taken it upon her to hurt me by head butting my cervix :[ That sometimes almost makes me cry.

What I miss? I miss not being a huge whale who can barely get up. I miss sleeping on my stomach and being comfortable. I miss my old body (even though I kind of hated it) I miss NOT being sick, seriously.

Labor Signs: I lost my "plug" and I have REAL contractions sometimes. :]

What I'm looking forward to: THANKSGIVING!!! FOOODDD!!! I have such an appetite but I always feel bad when I eat. Like, what did I just dooooo, get it out of meeee. Ugh. Yet, I still love food. December 4th is quickly approaching and I can't wait for baby Laila to make her sweet arrival.

Milestones:  Laila dropping. :] Good enough for me.


 Taken Today (11.24.10) 38 weeks 4 days.

Mhm. I look sccarreedddd.

What's Laila Up To?
Hey, your little one isn't so little anymore, weighing close to seven pounds and measuring 20 inches long. Fetal development is nearly complete as your baby tends to a few last-minute details like shedding the skin-protecting vernix and lanugo. She's also producing more surfactant, a substance that prevents the air sacs in her lungs from sticking to one another once she starts to breathe. Most of the changes this week are small but important: She’s continuing to add fat (so she can take advantage of all those photo ops by sporting a round, cute baby look!) and fine-tuning her brain and nervous system (so she can deal with all the stimulation that awaits her once she makes her entrance into the world).

 

1 lovely comments:

Sonya Marie said...

you're so stinkin cute!!!