Mar 18, 2011

Baby Meltdown



*Sigh*

It's been hectic and stressful in our household lately.

Night time has become herendous. Laila fights bedtime every.single.night. She screams and screams...and screams for about 20-30 minutes. Sometimes, even longer.

And it's always after her bathtime. We tried a later bathtime, an earlier bathtime, skipping bathtime. None of it worked.

We've tried Gripe Water and Gas Drops. Even tried swaddling her, which she hates.

Nothing seems to work.

And the past couple nights its been even worse because she refuses to let me hold her at night. She kicks and screams and tries to get out of my arms. She wants daddy...

And when that happened, I had a horrible meltdown. I hated hate the feeling of my daughter not wanting to be held by me.

Has anyone experienced something similar? Any tips?

2 lovely comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry. I can't relate much. We've had our cranky, non-stop, stressful moments, but not too often, and not at night...moreso during the day. I hope things get better soon, and hopefully it's just a phase.

Etosia (e-tasha) said...

Rylin gets over tired like that if she doesn't nap enough during the day! A walk in the stroller always helps even if its just around the house!