Feb 5, 2011

All About Laila {2 Months}







Birth Announcement 

Laila is already 2 months {turned two months about a week ago}

She is 10 pounds 14 ounces. 23 inches.

Wearing 0-3 clothes. Size 1 diapers.

Yesterday she had shots, I didn't cry but I sure was a mess. I scooped her up immediately. For the rest of the day she slept. My poor baby :[

She loves bath time. Once she's in the water, she's calm and content and the happiest baby ever. But once you take her out, she freaks. Which is understandable because she just went from being in warm water to entering the cold. No one likes that.

For the past couple of weeks all she wants to do is stand on her feet. Which is awesome but my arms get pretty sore from constantly holding her up.

She loves to watch Transformers and I let her. It keeps her calm at five in the morning when I have to get ready for work. If Justin or I turn the channel, she'll sometimes get upset.

She also loves Baby Einstein videos.

She doesn't sleep through the night. Bummer, but that's OK. She goes to bed around 8, sometimes early. Depending on when she gets her bath and bottle. She will sleep for 6 hours {up at 2} and then want another bottle. Go back to bed for 3 more hours {up at 5} and have another bottle. After this she usually stays up and hangs out in her swing while I get ready for work.

She loves car rides. They almost always put her to sleep.  But she hates to be in her car seat if she's not moving.

Her eyes follow you, although she still has some "drunk lag"

She still isn't a huge fan of being swaddled...she likes her arms to be free. But, on super fussy nights we'll attempt to swaddle her and she will just fall asleep.

She smiles ALL THE TIME! And I love this. I love picking her up from the sitters and seeing that big smile on her face once she sees me.

She coos like crazy and even "says" hi. haha

She hates to sleep alone. Hates it. She prefers to be snuggled up next to Justin or I. This leads to her sleeping in our bed. Which I am 100 % OK with. I love her snuggled next to me.

She prefers breast milk over formula :]

She doesn't like huge crowds and isn't a fan of strangers.

Loves her pacifer and even loves to use her hands to suck on. Some days, I find her trying to shove her whole fist into her mouth. This makes me wonder if she's going to start sucking her thumb?

She tries to grab at toys and such but isn't quite there. But she can hold your finger or something small.

She's amazing. Completely amazing.

I LOVE YOU, LAILA!




2 lovely comments:

Laura Lovely said...

Awww :)
I'm so happy to hear how good everything is going.

Skye said...

Awww. So awesome. Isn't it amazing how much they grow every day and change?! Enjoy it :)